Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random blog postings

...Haven't seen Prison Break and quit watching halfway through last season. I liked the concept, although a friend who's a prison guard said it was very unrealistic. They should've ended it after the second season...

...Mr. Drudge reports that the Democrats have dispatched lots of people to Alaska to try to dig up dirt on Sarah Palin. What is this? Panic mode, perhaps. Americans must be thinking that an underexperienced vice president is far better than an underexperienced president...

...No, the racists in America are not the whites like me who won't vote for Barack Obama (my reasons for not voting for Nobama has nothing to do with his skin color). The racists are those who are voting for Obama because he's black...

...So, Oprah has decided that she won't have Sarah Palin on her show until after the election. I would love to see Palin tell the Wannabe Kingmaker that she's not doing her show. Ever. Sorry, but over the years I've grown to detest Oprah...

...Ahhh, writing again for a living. Bliss...

...The other night, my wife and I watched a movie called Waitress. Brilliant, absolutely wonderful film. Could've done without the affair. Otherwise, a hilarious movie that reminded me of one of my indie favorites, Searching for Wooden Watermelons. Sadly, the director Adrienne Shelly has since died. In the meantime, we're stuck with useless, overrated directors like Kevin Smith is still around?
Don't like my take on Kevin Smith? Feel free to go to another blog...

...I'm a skeptic when it comes to polls, so I'm wondering if I should be too excited about the polls that show that John McCain is starting to take a decent lead over Barack Obama...

...In the past year or so that I've been relying more on freelance writing income, I have developed a limited client base of those for which I write for free. Limited. Among them are a Christian client and a blog about my favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys. In the meantime, I operate on this principle: I have bills to pay and a living to earn. If you want a writer but don't want to/can't pay them, please look elsewhere and brace yourself for substandard work...

No comments: